5 Tips for selecting a new learning provider, by Wolverhampton Homes
Wolverhampton Homes became a TWM client in 2020 during the pandemic.
WH are an Arm’s Length Management Organisation responsible for managing most of the council homes in Wolverhampton. They successfully launched their new TWM LMS (named “My Learning Hub”) in August 2020.
A year on, we asked Sarah Butcher, Head of Organisational Development and Employee Engagement at Wolverhampton Homes, for her top tips on how to go about changing to a new learning provider who meets all of your needs - not just the digital elements!
- Be really clear from the outset about what you want, as the marketplace is choc full of LMS providers.
- Do your research and know what type of solution you are looking for, as well as how much money you have to spend! Have your endgame clear in your mind.
- Engage with your stakeholders early on as people who work in L&OD know the benefits of having an LMS; our stakeholders and end users don’t, why would they?
- Then shop around and don’t be afraid to challenge or to say ‘no’ – some providers may be offering functionality that sounds or looks great, but would your organisation really use it all?
- If you are a values-driven organisation like Wolverhampton Homes, be confident that the provider you choose is a good cultural fit for you.